The overall aim of the project is to develop an Ultra-Slim Human Interface Device Prototype.
The technological developments within the 3D-MEOD project are focusing on:
- Transparent, highly conductive, Indium-free, formable electrode systems
- Foil-based, formable lighting-system
- Printable and formable, highly conductive traces
- Formable Pyzoflex® – sensor-Buttons
- Integriertes Display
- Monolithically integrated OLEDs
- Functional film-insert moulding of various polymers
- Simulation of high pressure forming and film-insert moulding processes
3D MEOD Value Chain
The three different components Display Touch Interface (based on transparent capacitive touch) the Back-Lighting System (based on SMD-LED or OLED) and the Control Buttons (based on piezoelectric touch) are implemented into a thin multilayer stack of polymer foils (in total a couple of 100s of µm thin).
The flexible, functional multi-layer stack is subsequently high-pressure formed and finally in-moulded.